The title Ren-ai Shashin actually connects a few things-- Ai Otsuka, a movie starring Ryoko Hirosue, 市川拓司, and another movie/drama titled Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru.
I first knew about the singer Ai Otsuka from a video of her Jam Punch Tour in 2005. I liked her singing in the concert very much, but only followed her until the release of Love Cook. Recently, when I was searching for some of her old songs that were once my favorites, I bumped into this song called Ren-ai Shashin. Then, there was a link to a 5-min preview of a 2003's Japanese movie named by the same title, of which screenplay was adapted from a novel with the same title written by 市川拓司. From Baidu Baike, I got to know who 市川拓司 is, and it was also written as a compliment that 市川拓司's Ren-ai Shashin elevates itself from Shunji Iwai's Love Letter. "Wow, that good huh?" I couldn't wait any longer. Of course, the compliment was meant for the novels, I supposed.
I've just watched it last night. The movie Ren-ai Shashin turned out to hang my emotion halfway. The beginning part of it was so beautiful that I wondered if the director had given up on the later part all the way till ending. Personally, I think the screenplay for the second part was a bit forced to connect the premises with the conclusion, hence leaving me detached from the emotion that was supposed to be at its climax near the end. The English narration could have been a bit better, if not perfect. Aside from those points, it is a romance movie with the familiar Japanese taste of poignancy. The cinematography is really admirable, especially in the first part of the movie. The slow-mo face-punching scene reminded me of my favorite hair-burning scene in Waterboys. And for God's sake, watch it for the amazing photographs showcased within. I wonder when I could become a photographer as pro as that, sobbing... Here is the 5-min preview I talked about.
I first knew about the singer Ai Otsuka from a video of her Jam Punch Tour in 2005. I liked her singing in the concert very much, but only followed her until the release of Love Cook. Recently, when I was searching for some of her old songs that were once my favorites, I bumped into this song called Ren-ai Shashin. Then, there was a link to a 5-min preview of a 2003's Japanese movie named by the same title, of which screenplay was adapted from a novel with the same title written by 市川拓司. From Baidu Baike, I got to know who 市川拓司 is, and it was also written as a compliment that 市川拓司's Ren-ai Shashin elevates itself from Shunji Iwai's Love Letter. "Wow, that good huh?" I couldn't wait any longer. Of course, the compliment was meant for the novels, I supposed.
I've just watched it last night. The movie Ren-ai Shashin turned out to hang my emotion halfway. The beginning part of it was so beautiful that I wondered if the director had given up on the later part all the way till ending. Personally, I think the screenplay for the second part was a bit forced to connect the premises with the conclusion, hence leaving me detached from the emotion that was supposed to be at its climax near the end. The English narration could have been a bit better, if not perfect. Aside from those points, it is a romance movie with the familiar Japanese taste of poignancy. The cinematography is really admirable, especially in the first part of the movie. The slow-mo face-punching scene reminded me of my favorite hair-burning scene in Waterboys. And for God's sake, watch it for the amazing photographs showcased within. I wonder when I could become a photographer as pro as that, sobbing... Here is the 5-min preview I talked about.
Actually, the main purpose of this post is to share some of the live performances from Ai-chan, including the MV of Ren-ai Shashin. Who knows? Some of you might fall in love with her songs. I used to listening to the Japanese or Korean songs for the good of its music, without understand the meaning at all. The lyrics in these newfound videos have indeed, added an extra layer of feeling to the songs. Enjoy.
Okay. Enough for my self-indulgence.
Okay. Enough for my self-indulgence.
![[ SIGN the PETITION ]](http://www.spca.org.my/petition/images/petition07.gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment