
Oh, I see. Andreas added me in the facebook, and I really wonder how he is able to find me. He was an exchange student from the University of Koeln last time. We knew each other on the basketball court in PGP, and he is a real hunk with superb bod. Here comes my topic about complacency. He always liked to charge from far for a layup, and I could always block his layup. So, there was always this idea in my mind that I was so strong that I manage to block a guy with his body, even though I was in fact very "lightweight" last time. The reality is, as I start to understand now that he was actually laying-up evade-minded, which means he was trying to keep minimal body contact. This technique, which is with the best chance of scoring, is in contrast to some of the PRC players who charges with the mind of knocking you down. Unluckily, I was still able to block his layup^^ So, I was complacent to think that I was strong, but my defense technique was still very good. Plus, non-basketball fan may not know that Jordan was not only best in scoring, but was awarded Defender of the Year in NBA before.
The above example led me to ponder if complacency is an attribute of the young-age. It's not! People need self-satisfaction of all kinds all the time. People like to be praised. It is like psychological vitamins. Well, this looks like an interesting project in investigating how self-complacency is related to mental health and quality of life. I don't know how much I need it, but I only see that everyone around me needs it. In the end, it become a food-web - some are predators while the others are preys.
p/s: I am writing my title "Hot Babes" to attract people to read on. A friend taught me this trick. Obviously, this post is meant for guys^^
![[ SIGN the PETITION ]](http://www.spca.org.my/petition/images/petition07.gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment