[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Vol.3(1)

This is supposed to be a blog talking about my first few days of work in Konstantin's lab. Yes, he doesn't like people calling him by Prof. Sadly, I just have no time to talk about it.

"People grieve over the death of their dearest,
while I lament that she has found her happiness, eventually."

I would like to show some examples of digital photo post-processing. The first pic is the original one. It is not good at all, as the lens is not "tele" enough to single out the subject and get rid of the distracting twigs. So, the way to do it is either to crop the high-resolution photo (2nd pic) or to apply a "edge-darkening" technique in Photoshop (3rd pic). The effect of highlighting the subject by cropping is minimal, as it appears inferior against the usage of a macro lens in this situation. However, the "edge-darkening" in the 3rd pic is overused, producing an unrealistic photo. The conclusion is: save some money and get a macro lens!




I have taken a series of photos during my three-day trip back to Sandakan to see my grandma^^ The following are pics of birds reared by my Aunty. I have forgotten what are these birds called, and never keep counting on to which generation do these lovely birdie belonged, as my Aunty has been rearing them since I was in secondary school. All I remember is that, they love to kiss each other^^ As the camera is unable to auto-focus over a foreground with pattern, just like the cage, I would have to focus manually. Please take note that the camera is OUTSIDE the cage, rather than INSIDE the cage!





最后送上她曾经很喜欢的一首歌。如果时间会倒流,我一定会付出更多尽力地追求她的。希望时间有一天真的会倒流...


No comments: