[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Monday, July 16, 2007

Vol.2(2)


I would probably write my blog every day as I am still unemployed, just like having a very long vacation. I believe I am writing a blog too long too wordy. Sorry man, can't help.

In fact, I have watched not more than ten Jdorama in total. Well, having met the best is much more precious than meeting a million. Top of my list include "Long Vacation", "Love Generation", "Beautiful Life", and "Hero". Why? An obviously biased selection - three of them feature MT and Takuya. I can't possibly vote them all-time best, but I would like to share my thoughts how they touched me and every other audiences who followed the show. First of all, I want to condemn the korean series on lacking creativity and strong plot, being repetitive, melodramatic, and most importantly, filled with unrealistic characters. Be aware that I am comparing them with Jdorama. K fans may argue that Jdorama suffers the same problems. Yeah! Please watch LV once and try to find a Kdrama that offers the sort of music, down-to-earth characters develop not only emotionally but in a social context, as well as interesting angle of shooting for highlight purposes and some other editings. From my experience in Kdrama, the director must have spent only a quarter of effort, while the screenwriter was compelling on very weak plot and trying at every opportunity either to saturate the young ladies with fantasy of millionaire hunks or to make them sob for the end of the world.

Question? How many Kdrama have I watched to date? Less than ten, but most are representatives, highly recommended follies from the K fans. Opps! Am I pushing it too far? Actually, I was a fan of Kdrama, as I am a fan of Ha Ji-won. Therefore, I did not watch them with prior prejudice but open-mind. Just that I feel closer to the charaters in a Jdorama. LG used to be my fave, so much so that I longed for the crystal apple at any cost. (Of which I did get it for around S$20 four years ago, and had given it to a gal^^) But...Even before finishing with the last episode of LV yesterday, I began to realize that LV noteworthly surpasses LG - in terms of music, editing, and most importantly, it talks about issue that resembles my current situation - a shy knight bachelor wandering in the mist at the foot of a castle in hope of rising to the history and marry the princess, uaware of the angel's blessing. Well, I am 24, unemployed, and a bit lost in spirit at the moment. She used to give me BIG support, but we are not as close anymore. Anyway, I am sure things will get right after I have my job. Credit to LV, I am really touched by the last few episodes when Sena eventually opened his heart and played the piano after receiving the "miracle" Minami created for him^^ Trust me and get the chance to listen to LV OST. I was lucky to be able to download them from my friend's iTunes. "Don't worry, be happy." - LV

No comments: